REVIEW OF HISTORY

 

The first Pentecostal gathering meetings in Pori were held in 1921. The Pentecostal Church was founded in Koivistonluoto in 1928 and in Pori in 1930.

These two churches were united in 1931 and called the Pori’s Elim parish. On 15 May 1933, the church was officially registered as a “Porin Eelim-seurakunnan rukoushuoneyhdistys r.y”

Mikonkatu 6

Sunday service in our previous building.

The first preacher of the parish was Eino Heinonen from 1930 to 1932. The congregation has been carrying out missionary work throughout its existence. It’s first missionary, Anna Mäkinen, was appointed in 1935 to China.

Sources:
Vahtera, Taisto 1980. Porin Helluntaiseurakunta 1930-1980. Rukoushuoneyhdistys Porin Elim ry
Vahtera, Taisto 1990. Seurakunnan tie Jerusalemista Satakuntaan.  Satakunnan helluntaiseurakunnat